When I was little some days, when obviously my mum did not have the time or did not want to dedicate hours to cooking in the kitchen that she could use else were, she used to make us 'Egg in a cup'. It does not sound very excting but for some reason she must have sold it to us as the most exciting thing on the menu. Whenever she used to suggest giving us 'egg in a cup' we used to get to excited, the thought of a boiled egg mashed together with butter in a cup somehow got us in a frenzy. We felt like the luckiest kids in the world as it was 'egg in a cup' day. In my house when I feel like I don't want to put a lot of effort in to cooking I say to the giant 'I am going to make egg in a cup' and this is what I make. Its a easy no fuss recipe but it is still delicious to the taste and the best thing is it requires no effort on my part. I had to stop making it for a while, I was becoming addicted and I wanted everyday to be 'egg in a cup day'. However its always a winner in my house just like 'egg in a cup' was when I was a little girl. Its tasty and moreish and whats best takes about 10 minutes to make.
INGREDIENTS
200g Feta cheese ( or more if you like)
250g Cherry tomato, halved.
1/2 cup of chopped parsley
1 cup olives (whatever ones you fancy)
2 tablespoons of capers
3 to 5 cloves of garlic, crushed ( depending on how much you like garlic.)
salt
pepper
1/2 cup of olive oil
250g whole wheat pasta
METHOD
STEP 1
Cook your pasta.
STEP 2
In a bowl add your cherry tomatoes, chopped parsley, olives, capers and salt and pepper to season and. mix it around.
STEP 3
Drain your pasta. In a frying pan fry the garlic together with the olive oil for a few minutes and then add it to the pasta at the same time you add in all the other ingredients. Gentle mix it around and then its ready to eat. Serving immediately.
So next time your having a lazy cooking day give it a try your taste buds will thank you, mmmmmmhhh yummy in my tummy.
No comments:
Post a Comment