So I have decided to start a 'food' blog. I say 'food' blog because I am not a great cook just some one who simply loves to cook, for family and friends. So I have started thsi blog for 2 reasons.
Firstly because people often ask me for recipes and I am terrible at following up.
Secondly I love cooking and cook homemade meals everyday. However I have to fit this into my busy life style so try to find recipes that accomodate that. So most recipes you find here will take you around 30- 60 mins from start to finish. I wish I could dedicate more time in the kitchen but I just dont have enough hours in the day so try to find a good balance. I also dont have the time to run around finding 'fancy' and sometimes expensive ingredients so I find recipes that work for me rather than the other way round.
So here you will find quick and easy recipes with no fuss ingredients that still taste finger licking good and will impress family and friends. I dont profess to be a great cook but I do love cooking and eating yummy treats after my efforts in the kitchen.
So the first recipe I will share is one that I stumbled across because my husband loves eating pancakes but one morning decided he had to have oats in them to make them 'healthier'. I have cooked them a few times now they are delicous and filling and just a little bit healther than normal pancakes..... or so my husband thinks.
OATMEAL PANCAKES WITH CINNAMON
INGREDIENTS
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 or 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon ( depending on how much you love cinnamon.)
2 cups of oats
2 cups of milk
2 eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
butter for the frying pan
METHOD
STEP
1
Combined the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and 1 of the cups of oats in a food processor and pulse for a few times to coarsely grind the oats.
STEP 2
In a seperate bowl whisk together the milk, eggs and oil.
STEP 3
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and the 2nd cup of oats and whisk until moistened.
STEP 4
Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat and metal the butter.
STEP 5
Add add 3 or 4 tablespoons for mixture for each pancake to the frying pan cooking for a few minutes on each side. Repeat until all the mixture is used.
This morning I made a batch and added blueberries in to the mixture as I had them in the house and if made them even yummier. They are great with maple syrup, bananas but I will leave the topping up to you.
There was also a freezing option on the recipe that I have not tried out, we never have any left overs in my house, but for the mor prepared person on for someone who is not feeding giants and might have left overs its a good idea.
TO FREEZE
Cool panckaes on a wire rack, then arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes. Transfer pancakes to a freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
TO HEAT FROM FROZEN
For a single serving, warm pancakes in the toaster. For larger batches, arrange pancakes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Cover with foil and heat at 350 deg until warm. ( around 10 minutes.)
Enjoy having a yummy in my tummy experience!
No comments:
Post a Comment